Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Milk Diet

Well whose done this or are on it at the moment.

So for those that don't know what this is about, its something that Luton and Dunstable hospital do to show them that you are committed to the program and you can also handle a fluid only diet.

So for me it was 5 pints of semi skimmed milk a day together with one sugar free jelly and one oxo cube a day and not forgetting the all important multi vitamin tablet a day.

At first it is the hardest thing to do, knowing you are never going to eat again for four weeks apart from sugar free jelly.

The first couple of days is the hardest, I had no energy at all, a banging headache and a mouth that felt like the bottom of the bird cage.

The only tip I can give people is to drink plenty of water as well as the milk. You can add Crusha sugar free into the milk to flavour it if this helps you at all.

So Luton and Dunstable require you to lose 5% of your body weight in 4 weeks, upon my weight in, I managed to lose 7.3%.

I was delighted with this, I didnt care what I lost as long as I was over the 5% cut off point.

I then got put on 2 weeks of the refeed diet. See the next blog for full details.

No comments:

Post a Comment